R.I.P. Ruby

Our dog, Ruby, aged 14 years, died at home on 31st January. She had chronic kidney disease and was not eating or drinking. She was unable to get up in her bed and was sleeping all the time. She died in my arms peacefully, unafraid and surrounded by familiar things and smells. She was my best friend and will be desperately missed. We are bereft.

Ruby finds the joke of life exceedingly funny

Ruby Ponders a Daisy. Is it edible?

Advertisements

About stevehobsonauthor

I am blind, and I hate it. It stinks. But life is still sweet. I have multiple sclerosis, and that stinks too, but life is still sweet. These are my musings.
This entry was posted in Age, Animals, Death and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to R.I.P. Ruby

  1. Miranda Forward says:

    How very sad – your pal. What wonderful photos – wasn’t she just a bundle of energy and fun?

    Hope to see you at Crosby.
    Love, Miranda

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s