10 Seminal Books
Here is another, controversial list. This one is a list of ten books that have changed me in some way – change my mind or change the way I see or think about things. They are not my favourite books, or the best written or ones I would take to a desert island, but they probably represent those books that helped to form who I am now.
Your list will be different, but writing it down helps to clarify, to yourself, who you are.
- Essays by George Orwell
- The Making of the English Landscape by W G Hoskins
- The Way of Zen by Alan Watts
- The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley
- Sapiens by Yuval Harari
- Feral by George Mombiot
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
- Walden by Henry Thoreau
- I’m OK, You’re OK by Thomas Harris
- The Empty Space by Peter Brook
Plus any map by Ordnance Survey.