I am sitting at the keyboard, trying to listen in to my body, to see and fully experience what it is feeling.
Good things are happening, and they need recording just as much as the back-ache, the sciatica and all the things that seem to want to be written about.
I have my mobility scooter, which has revolutionised my life. Every day, I take Ruby to the Nature Reserve. We both love it. It brings a lightness and clarity of mind.
The physio is pleased with my progress. I can now climb one stair, before I sink to the ground like a runny trifle. Only twelve more to go. It’s not a huge achievement, but it matters.
I can put the tiniest amount of weight through my left leg, and I will put more through.
This feels a bit like a list of resolutions, and so it is. These are my raw thoughts, without any revision, or, indeed, much thought, in the conscious sense.#
By making my resolutions public, I am hoping you might encourage me, by Liking, commenting, or Sharing.
- I want to stand unsupported on both legs.
- I want to walk with two sticks rather thyan a Zimmer frame.
- I want to take Ruby to the woods again.
- I want to cook my “signature dish” for Elisabeth. It is, by the way, chilli con carne, vegetarian style.
- I want see the trees turn red.
- By the time the snow comes, I want to be walking as strongly as last winter.
My state of mind is crucial for the successful achievement of these goals. IU have done it before, and I will do it again.
Wish me luck!